Security Today 2018 New Product of the Year Award Winners Announced
DALLAS, August 15, 2018 – Security Today magazine, the leading industry media brand providing technology, education and solutions for security professionals, and securitytoday.com, the preeminent editorial website for the security industry, announced the winners of the Security Today 2018 New Product of the Year Award today.
The Security Today New Product of the Year Award honors the outstanding product development achievements of security equipment manufacturers whose products are considered to be particularly noteworthy in their ability to improve security. More than 100 entries were received in the 10th successful year of the independently juried contest. Winners were honored in 47 product award categories including everything from Access Control to Emergency Mass Communications. The winner of Security Today’s New Product of the Year in theEmergency Mass Communications category is KastleAlert® by Kastle Systems.
KastleAlert® is a mobile, crowdsourced emergency mass communications (EMC) platform. KastleAlert aims to save lives in the critical 5-10 minutes after an emergency incident occurs, but before authorities arrive, by enabling the fastest and most convenient method for initial emergency reporting and the quick and comprehensive dissemination of critical information (including text messages, photos, and response protocol documents) to all building or facility occupants.
KastleAlert is the fastest way for someone in a facility to say something—the instant they see something—to everyone else in the space, with Incident Commander (situational emergency manager) controls to quickly assess the emergency based on multiple immediate reports, issue live updates and direction to everyone affected, receive individual safety status, and control/lockdown building access through integrated access control functions. Features of KastleAlert include:
- Customizable message templates for situation-specific emergency notification
- Configurable communication workflows for multiple event types
- All-to-all communications, with pictures and highlighted Incident Commander communications
- Geo-fenced and integrated “last seen” building access awareness to intelligently distribute information to the right people and enable accurate mustering
- “Safe” vs. “Need Help” polling and self-reporting, with a directory for texting individual end users
- Emergency document library for easy access and rapid download
- Incident Commander building lockdown and post-event auditing capabilities
For more information, visit https://www.kastle.com/solutions/mobile-platform/